I Was Enchanted to Smell You

By:Lauren Miller


I am pretty boring when it comes to trying new perfumes. Ever since I saw the girls on Laguna Beach (or was it The Hills) use Daisy by marc Jacobs. It's the perfect mix of flowery, girly, subtle, sexiness. Not too strong, not too light. As the three bears would say this scent is just right.


So I've become very skeptical of other scents. Especially celebrity endorsed scents. I can't help but think of this Hannah Montana episode when thinking of celebrity endorsements.



For Taylor Swift, however, I caved. I stepped out of the marc Jacobs aisle and tried Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift.


There are two things that I really love about this perfume.


1. Packaging. Sure quality of product is super important, especially when considering a beauty product, but in my world there is something to be said for a product that just looks good on a shelf. Let's be honest, if this perfume sucked this bottle would still look super cute in my bathroom. Sure it would be an expensive little decoration, but at least it's not a total loss.


2. Probably the most important part of a fragrance...the scent. Overall the scent is delicious. But what really impressed me with this scent were the end notes. What I've noticed is that when you live hard (working 8 hour days, running from school to internship to concert, etc) and you don't have a lot of time for a reapplication of the fragrance the smell can lessen over time to the point where I can't remember if I actually put anything on. But with Wonderstruck I was STILL smelling fresh and sweet and romantic hours after application. Huge plus in my book.

This was definitely one of those way to be random posts. But I will say that Wonderstruck is an amazing and beautiful perfume. If you're still looking for a gift for a girlfriend, sister, friend, mom, really any female in your life head to your local Macys, Bon Ton, Boscovs, or any related make up retailer and pick up Wonderstruck.

What's your favorite perfume or cologne? Leave me love friends!

Comments

Popular Posts