Exclusive Interview with Ryan of My Girl Friday


Q- What makes My Girl Friday different from every other band out there?

A- I would say the biggest difference is the country "twang" our band is developing.

Q- What song of yours would you recommend to someone who hasn’t listened to your music before?

A- Go listen to "Down By The Water".. It's our brand new single off of our upcoming record, "American Kids".

Q-Where do you get inspiration for the songs?
A- We get inspiration through many different things.. Actual life experiences, a situation people can relate to, other musicians we admire, etc.

Q- What has been your biggest challenge so far as an artist?

A- I would say getting our music out there for people to hear. There's 7 billion people in the world, we want everyone to give us a listen. This is probably a challenge for every artist at some point in their career, haha.

Q- Who is someone you would like to tour with?

A- Well, we love touring with our friends in The Summer Set. But I think I speak for the whole band when I say we would love to tour with Eric Church, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, and other country stars. That would be a blast.

Q- Out of all the songs you've recorded/written which is your favorite?

A- My personal favorite is a song called, "Rolling Stone". It's on our upcoming record that is going to be released at the end of the year. It's a song about traveling and finding out where your real home is. It gets pretty deep, so you'll just have to listen yourself, haha.

Q- What do you hope you’re doing with your music/accomplishing in a year?

A- In a year, we hope to grow tremendously as a band. We would love to be on some beneficial tours and maybe have a full length record out... We have some stuff in the works, so we'll see what happens!

Q- Do you have any advice for someone who wants to pursue a career in music?

A- It's a long and difficult road to travel down but if you really, really love it, don't give up. Your dreams will come true.

Q-If you could change one thing about the music industry today, what would you want to change and why?

A- I would probably change the way that the "politics" sometimes work. I believe, if you're good song writers, good musicians, and people enjoy your music, you should get recognized. I don't think an artist's success should be measured by how much money they have behind them. That's just my opinion though, haha.

Q- What’s something your fans don’t know about you?

A- Oh boy, I don't know. I think fans pretty much know everything about me, haha. That's weird...

Q- When writing a song what comes first the lyrics, the tune..etc?

A- I would say the lyrics usually come first. We get the idea of the song, jot down some words and form a melody. Then we bring in acoustic guitars and write, write, write...

Q- What t-shirt in your closet best describes your personality and why?

A- I don't really have a t-shirt that best describes my personality, but I do have a jean jacket in my closet. And I think it describes my personality because when I put that jean jacket on, my cowboy boots and Levi jeans, I feel right at home... "I should've been a cowboy..."  Toby Keith says it best...

Q- What’s your favorite thing about the holiday season?

A- FOOD!... and family of course... But mainly food...

Q- Any upcoming plans in the works for you we should know about?

A- The biggest thing right now is our new record called, "American Kids" will be released at the end of the year! So stay tuned for that!

Q- What’s your favorite flavor popsicle?

A- Orange. I like orange everything.

Comments

Popular Posts