Quote of the Day

"Meeting Your Musical Heroes is a real risk.
Sometimes it's better not to look
behind the curtain."
- Record Collecting for Girls By: Courtney E. Smith

For more on the actual book click here for my review. For now let's just focus on this quote.

I've had the opportunity to meet a lot of people. I've met a lot of bands and artists some of whom I've looked up to for a while and some of whom I just recently got into. I haven't been disappointed much, but occasionally there have been disappointments.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that there's a person behind that actor or actress or singer or whoever. Sometimes when we finally meet the person behind that public figure we are met with an unpleasant surprise. I'm not going to name names because that would be mean, but the important thing to take away from the quote is that celebrities are people too and that they're not always what they seem and they're not always real.

Comments

Popular Posts