"Heart Means Everything" Exclusive Interview With the Girl Behind Just Kait



If I had to pick a favorite artist I would have some serious problems and then I would probably (most likely) pick this girl. If you don't know Kait DiBenedetto aka Just Kait it's about time you get on that. She's  one of the most real people in an industry where vanity rules and her music is just as good as her personality.

After you get done reading this interview make sure to pick up her new album "Here We Go Again" here.

Q- How does it feel to finally be putting out a new album?
A- It feels awesome. The reaction to it has been incredible so far and I'm happy people are as excited about it as me.


Q- For fans of your older music, how does your new stuff compare?
A- The new stuff is a little more old school. I went back to some rock roots
I have on some tracks and on others I stuck to my usually pop/rock/dance
style. Now its definitely got a mix of music for everyone.

Q- When and where will your new album be available for download/purchase?
A- Right now its only available on iTunes and Hypemusic.com but I'm hoping
we can get some physical copies soon!

Q- You had a big show on the 20th how did that go?
A- It was so rad. It's been a while since I've done a full band show so it was sucha good feeling to be back on stage with the band. The only bummer was ourguitar player Nick Diaz' last show, so that sucked but otherwise, it went great. I got to see tons of fans that traveled from all sorts of places. I couldn't have asked for more.


Q- What makes you different from every other musician out there?
A- I think what makes me different is I'm in this for strictly just the music. I dont care about being famous, or rich or anything like that I just love music. I love music, I love my fans and I really would do just about anything to make then happy. I like to go out of my way to make them smile or make their day. Some other artists out there right now get too caught up in this lifestyle.


Q- What song of yours would you recommend to someone who hasn’t listened to your music before?
A- Thats so hard. On the new album it would be a toss between Crash & Burn, Living Tonight, and Here We Go Again. They are totally different songs but they each have something that you'll fall in love with if you like rock, dance, and pop.


Q-Where do you get inspiration for the songs?

A- I get inspiration from everywhere. I could be walking down the street or laying in my bed. It really depends where my head's at at that moment I decide to grab a pen and paper.

Q- What has been your biggest challenge so far as an artist?


A - The biggest challenge has been putting up with the business aspect of the industry. It's really tough to find people who are in this business because they actually love music or because all they care about is money. For me, I just want to be able to play music for the rest of my life, but its hard when everyone in the world is trying to do the same thing. So all in all, the biggest challenge is finding the right people to have on your team who are in it for the same reasons as me.

Q- Who is someone you would like to tour with?
A- I'd love to tour with NFG or Good Charlotte. When you grow up listening to artists like them and they are the ones that made you want to pick up a guitar and play, those are the first bands that come to mind.


Q- Out of all the songs you've recorded/written which is your favorite?
 
A- To this day, Heart Means Everything is and always will be my favorite. The recorded version hasn't been released yet but the overall vibe of that song still gets to me. I get the same feeling I got when I wrote it  whenever I play it or hear it. Besides that song, Pretty Little Finger is my other favorite. Its so energetic and fun. 


Q- What do you hope you’re doing with your music/accomplishing in a year?

- All I want to do is tour. Touring is key for me. I get to share my music with the world and meet the fans that keep me going. So touring and to continue releasing albums. Thats all I want, ever.

Q- Do you have any advice for someone who wants to pursue a career in music?


A- I sound like a broken record whenever I answer this question but I'd tell them to just do it. Dont let anyone tell you not to. The people that love you will support you and thats all you need. Follow your heart, always.

Q- How do you think being a woman affects your abilities to pursue
music as a career?


A- Being a girl makes it 10 times harder. When you're a guy in a band, all you really need to do is look good. As long as you're cute, you get tons of girl fans. When you're a girl, you're not accepted as easily. You have to work super hard to gain respect from other men in the industry on top of all the fans you meet along the way that would much rather see a band of hot guys rocking out. That doesn't stop me though, I just have to work twice as hard as the boys.

Q-Who first inspired you to go after your dreams of music?


A-  The first person to inspire me was my dad. He played music is whole life, taught me how to play drums, bought me my first guitar, all the stuff you need to start a band. He's the reason I wanted to be in a band because
I saw him in HIS band's when I was growing up. Definitely a huge influence on me.


Q- What’s one quote or lyric that inspires you most?
A- "Heart Means Everything". I wrote a song called Heart Means Everything, got a chest tattoo that says Heart Means Everything, and its a phrase I live by everyday. If you dont follow your heart, you've got nothing. Heart means
everything, especially when you're in music. You can get swallowed in this industry and you have to stay true to yourself, follow your heart at all times and you'll make it out alive.
 

Q- What’s something your fans don’t know about you?
A- Something fans dont know about me is I'm really into old school cars from like the 50's. I know nothing about them but I love looking at them and seeing them. This has nothing to do with music, but it true hahah.

Q- When writing a song what comes first the lyrics, the tune..etc?


A - When I write a song, sometimes the melody on the guitar comes first or sometimes the lyrics come first. It really depends on my mood and the atmosphere I'm in. 

Q- What t-shirt in your closet best describes your personality and why?


A- I have this one shirt that has a crowd with all their hands in the air. The shirt just reminds me of the feeling the crowds at my show give me and it pretty much describes my life.

Q- Any upcoming plans in the works for you we should know about?
A- Right now, the new album was just released so I'm gonna try to book some shows. Then I'm gonna be releasing an acoustic EP out real soon. So that's something you can look out for.


Q- What’s your favorite flavor popsicle?
A - Blue! Those are my favorite!!


Comments

Popular Posts