"I love you, you stupid jackass"


Good afternoon! This past week was an absolute struggle bus of epic proportions. We are so close to the end of the school year and there truly is nothing like end of school year, during a pandemic, public school employee tired. But on the plus side I completed some good reading this week AND it was Star Wars week. (See my photo above with my Princess Leia buns, Star Wars headband and a Star Wars shirt).


I also had a week fueled by candy. I went through a phase this week where I wanted nothing but gummy candies. I will say that the Watermelon Haribos featured in the picture above were delicious and might have nuzzled their ways into my heart as a new favorite candy. 

What are some of your favorite foods to help destress after a long week?




This was also the week for my first ever Readathon Hosting experience! I hosted the Half-O-Ween-A-Thon Readathon. There were many live reading sprints in my week! That may have fueled my exhaustion. And while I finished many books this week, The Mistake By: Elle Kennedy was definitely the highlight of my reading week...and the place where my blog post title came from. 

This book truly had me laughing out loud and smiling like an idiot from the first page to the last period. I'm not even a sports fan in any sense of the word, but there's something about the stories that Elle Kennedy constructs that truly hooks me with every book.

Star Rating: 4 Stars
CAWPILE Rating- 8.43

Characters-8/10 Overall I really loved Grace and John Logan. I felt like both characters were very well rounded in their life experiences. I enjoyed following their stories through the ups and downs of this story and to their happily ever ending.

Atmosphere- 7/10

Writing- 8/1-

Plot- 9/10 I thought Elle Kennedy did a really good job of incorporating some alternate plot points in this book outside of the romance plot. My curiosity with what would happen with Logan's dad kept me interested in this story because that was one factor of the plot that could not be predicted based on the typical romance story structure.

Intrigue- 9/10

Logic- 9/10 I feel like Elle Kennedy does a good job with capturing true to life feelings and experiences on the page.

Enjoyment- 9/10 There were very few bits of this story that were uninteresting to me. Overall this story had me laughing out loud and smiling like a fool all the way through.
 

Let me know in the comments below, what were some of your favorite reads of the week? If you don't feel like writing out a comment...leave me a candy emoji in the comments!



 

Comments

Popular Posts