Book Review: Blurred Boundaries By: Dawn Edwards

 


CAWPILE Rating: 9/10

Characters: 9/10 Elliot is the perfect Alpha Male with a hint of cinnamon roll and Wren was this sweet girl who I found myself rooting for through the whole story.

Atmosphere: 9/10 This almost gave me dark academia, Gilmore Girls/Chilton feels.

Writing: 9/10

Plot: 9/10 The plot was well crafted and as a reader I was very satisfied with where this story went.

Intrigue: 9/10 

Logic: 9/10 This story absolutely could happen in real life.

Enjoyment: 9/10 A fantastic reading experience.


Trigger Warnings: Sexual Assault, Substance Abuse, Death of Parents and Sibling

This was my first teacher/student age gap romance read. Thankfully the student was of legal age and the age gap really wasn't overly large.

Without giving away too many spoilers. Blurred Boundaries opens with Wren and Cassy are on a flight to a tropical island vacation. Wren is our female protagonist. She works for a literary agency, a blog, and does some freelance writing jobs. She is also a fairly broken character; as the story moves along we learn more about her backstory that adds to the intrigue for her character.

Elliot is a student and lacrosse player who is on vacation with his brother and mother to celebrate his birthday. He turns out to be an equally broken character.

While Wren and Elliot's story begins on the island- their romance continues to build heat throughout the entire story. 

I really believe that my favorite part of this book was the intensity of the romance and the anticipation of waiting to see how this story was going to unfold. When ever you have an off limits relationship you just know that something bad is going to happen and people are going to find out what is happening behind closed doors. That reader knowledge kept pulling me through my reading experience and wanting more of this story. There were also little hints of hidden identities and aspects of both main characters that kept me curious. I found that these little secrets were always things that I couldn't quite guess or put my finger on, which left me invested in the story. 

Comments

Popular Posts