Book Review: The Fling By: M.Robinson


Have you ever read a book that moves you towards a personal revelation about your reading? The Fling was that book for me recently. It made me realize just how much I love the niche trope of female protagonist who thinks she will never experience a true orgasm who meets a male protagonist who is determined to prove her wrong and give her the big O. 

The Fling is book 2 in the Playboy Pact series, although it read just fine as a standalone if you have not read the previous book. This one follows Ashton and Sage. Ashton is a playboy member of the pact who has sworn off relationships. Sage is a single mom who has no time for relationships. One fateful night they meet on Sage's 16th birthday and the ghost of each other's presence haunted each other until they finally meet again as adults at a speed dating event.

I truly enjoyed reading this story. I think this was an example of the male pov being well crafted. I think sometimes in romance books it can be very evident that you are reading a male character written by a woman, but I felt like Ashton and his friends were authentically crafted.

My other favorite part about this book was element of waiting for the other shoe to drop so to speak. There are plot elements at play in both these characters lives and I felt like I was constantly waiting for the big reveal. Most of this anticipation centered around Sage's children and her baby daddy. But also I found myself very invested in Sage's friend Aspyn and I really hope she gets her own book!

Overall my reading experience of this book was amazing! I look forward to picking up more books from M.Robinson in the future! 


Comments

Popular Posts