Quote of the Day!



      “You can have a wonderful, much better quality of life than you think. You really do think you lead a rich life if you do something as simple as making dinner for yourself. You don't have to be left out of anything. Maybe you can't stay in the five-star suite, maybe you can just sit in the cocktail lounge and look at the beautiful view, but you can still go there.”
-Rachael Ray

By: Lauren Miller

Today's quote of the day comes from my favorite tv cook Rachael Ray. Today was my first day of summer vacation...sort of. Technically it's finals week, but today was the only day this week that I didn't have to work or take a final or worry about anything. It was fabulous.

For the most part I destressed and slept. But for the few hours that I've been awake I spent a lot of time watching Rachael Ray.

If you're unfamiliar with her, Rachael is a popular cook from the Food Network Channel. Her list of accomplishments include her own magazine, several popular shows on Food Network including 30 Minute Meals and her day time talk show. Her quirky, bubbly personality has won over viewers and her fun approach to cooking has made her a staple in my household.

I'm not saying I make a five course, Food Network quality dinner for myself every night, but I will say that when I do I take the time to pull out a cookbook, buy fresh ingredients and make my own dinner there's just something fun and fullfilling about that. Even if it's not an entire meal. Maybe just dessert or a small dish.

If you have a favorite recipe feel free to share it below. If not maybe you'll learn a new one!

...And if you have any suggestions on how to meet Rachael...they would also be greatly appreciated!

Comments

Popular Posts