Take Two With Susannah Barber

Check it out. Tune Into L had the opportunity to check in with our favorite young designer Susannah Barber of Love Translates. She has lots of new excting things in store for her line. Only we got the scope!

Q- Hi Susannah! What have you been up to since we talked last in November?
A- Hi! I've been working on so many new designs that I'm very excited to share soon. I'm bringing out the music side of the line this time with a lot of band based collaborations and inspirations. Since November it's all been about the new line..

Q- Last time we talked you said had different products in the works? What can we expect from Love Translates this Spring and Summer? Can you share some stories about your new designs?  
A- I'm actually giving Love Translates a complete new look with a new name, logo, and style. Many of the shirts will be done with bands and a lot more in depth and detailed designs. Love Translates was very basic and muted, the new line will have more color, styles, and a more distinct set for boys and girls.

Q- Since Warped tour is starting to get organized for the Summer, do you know if you'll be hitting Warped Tour with your products again this year? (Or any other tours)
  
A- I planed to, however, school and money ended up putting things on hold and some of the money I was going to use to pay my way for Warped was rerouted to charities. Although I won't be on the full tour I'll definitely be out there to hang out, sign, do whatever! I love meeting fans.

Q- Do you have any upcoming collaborations you can spill details on?  
A- I don't want to spill any details but I've tweeted about it earlier ;)

Q- And since you're so good with fashion- what are some of your favorite styles, staples, and trends for this Spring and Summer?
  
A-I'm definitely into the knit sweaters for the winter with some black cigarette cut jeans and boots. Boots are my absolute obsession, I think I have at least 5 pairs of combat boots in my closet right now. For Spring I love the ripped shirt look with some oversized tee's with leggings underneath. As far as summer I always wear lots of tank tops and jean shorts, it's the only way I can make it through summers in Louisiana!

Q- Are there any other bands you've come across since November that you'd like to recommend to Tune Into L readers?
 
A- The Love Light from Virginia, these guys are amazing! If you ever go to a show make sure to bring a slip n' slide for the lead singer, he has an obsession :)

The bands I have on my playlist right now are Mumford and Sons, The Kooks, The xx, Bon Iver, Old Crow Medicine Show, Olin and the Moon, Primal Scream (one of my all time favorites) , The Stills, and Boy and Bear.

Q- Is there anything else you'd like to share with the readers about Love Translates? 
A- I'd just like to thank everyone for the support that's been behind the line, it really amazes me. Thank you to everyone who bought a shirt, checked out the line, came out to the tent on Warped, anything you've done I thank you. I can't wait to share new designs and I look forward to an amazing future with you all :)

Make sure to check out her site at http://lovetranslates.bigcartel.com/ and follow her on twitter @susannahbarber for all the latest on Love Translates (and don't forget to pick up a t-shirt).

Comments

Popular Posts