I Feel Like I've Had This Cold Forever

It started off with a little runny nose and turned into a full blown sore throat, stuffy nose, few weeks spent on the coach. I, being stubborn, refused to go to the doctors- who has time or money for that stuff. Most of my self medicating didn't work very well. I didn't sleep like Drew Brees in the commerical when I took the Vick's Night Quil. I wasn't knocked out when I took the Robitussin. But I did find two awesome products that I want to share with you that made my sick weeks a little less painful.

Product Number 1


I saw this first product on the Doctor Oz show and after days of not being able to breath I decided to try it. The product is the Neti Pot. Basically what you do is put this mixture (that is basically salt and water) into the pot and then you pour it in one nostril, let it drain completely and then repeat on the second nostril.

At first I was really skeptical about pouring stuff in my nose. Kinda scary and gross, but after just one use it really did clean out my sinuses. Obviously you have to continue to use it to continue to clear out your sinuses, but when used effectively this product is amazing!
















Product Number 2



This product I simply found on accident. I ran out of tissues at work (I work in a grocery store), so I perused the tissue isle to find a new replacement.

Usually I'm the girl who uses cheapo tissues to save money and in return ends up lotioning my nose for weeks. But seeing as my nose was already raw from two weeks of blowing it I decided to splurge just a little bit on these Puffs Plus Vick's. Let me say best paper splurge ever!

Sometimes tissues with the lotion in them can get a little greasy and just a little bit too full of lotion, but these have just the right amount of Vick's. Unlike when you use the actual Vick's, which can be a bit greasy and messy for everyday, out in public use. One use of these tissues and just enough essence of Vick's Vapor Rub is in your nose making it feel fresh and unclogged.
















I don't usually do product reviews, but I thought I would share these couple awesome products just in case my readers are feeling a little case of the winter cold.

Now that I've shared two of my new favorite sick products, you should share some of your favorite sick remedies and products to give a try.

Comments

  1. I've heard when you have a cough, rub the soles of your feet with Vicks Vapor Rub and put on socks over them, and it helps the night-time coughs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you become a fan of that same brand of netipot on facebook every few months they giveaway free netipots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I'll definitely have to become a fan!

    I'll definitely try the vicks trick. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts