Take That Disney



Yesterday my mom and I went out to finally see The Chronicles of Narnia the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I am a huge fan of the Narnia movies. My mom is not, but came along any way.

I was really sad when I found out Disney had decided to not continue making the Narnia movies after Prince Caspian. Seeing as Disney is one of the biggest movie companies for children's movies I felt like there was little hope of seeing the rest of C.S. Lewis's classic stories made into movies. But with how awesome the newest movie in the series was I left the theater with a glimmer of hope of seeing the other stories on the big screen.

Voyage of the Dawn Treader is honestly my favorite Narnia movie so far. At first I was kind of sad that I wouldn't get to see William Moseley quite as much in this movie (I guess that's just the horny girl in me talking though :P). But the lack of Peter and Susan was quickly forgotten when new, amazing characters were introduced. Along with the much beloved Lucy, Edmund, and Caspian from earlier films.

From the very first scene Will Poulter portaryed the annoying, but in the end loveable Eustace Scrubb amazingly well. His look and mannerisms were perfect for the role. His character kept me chuckling throughout the film.

Another perfect character was Simon Pegg's character of Reepicheep. That cute little fiesty mouse was the same character I remember from the books. For someone who hates mice, Reep just might have been my favorite character in this installment of the Narnia movies. Too bad he won't be back if the other films get made.

One thing I didn't think I'd like about the film was the 3D aspect. Sometimes the 3D effects really take away from the film, in my opinion. Often the effects are unnecessarily used in ways that don't inhance the film wathcing experience. In the case of the Dawn Treader the effects were just right. They emphasized and emphanced the adventure, but they weren't so overpowering that I got sea sick.

Overall the film is a must see in theaters. It's well worth the overpriced movie ticket. My mom was even a fan by the end of the film.

Comments

Popular Posts