Journey to DC Cupcakes

By: Lauren Miller


I love Cupcakes like a fat kid loves cake. And, yes, that does make sense.
Cupcakes are just so incredibly cute and portable and delicious and, hey, I can catch on to a trend just as well as anyone else. What I haven't actually done is jump on the cupcake television show. I've simply reaped the benefits of the popularity of the cupcake. 


A few weeks ago I was going to the DC area for a show and I had a little time (think the whole day) to kill so my friend and I decided to go to Georgetown Cupcakes. You might know this shop from the TLC television show DC Cupcakes. 


I'd heard mixed reviews on the cupcakes. Some people absolutely loved them and others didn't see what all the hype was about. This was my first time at having food that has been featured on a TV show so I had my skepticisms, but I was excited none the less.


My friend and I got to the shop around 10:30 am. the shop opens at 10:00 and from previous experiences I had observed that there is usually a huge line waiting to taste the famous cupcakes. Sure, I had all day, but I did not want to spend all day waiting in line. That's boring. 


We ended up being two of maybe 20 people at the shop. Which was good because I honestly could not decide for the life of me what I wanted. The night before I had planned out my half dozen, but once I stepped into the shop and saw the gorgeous display of cupcakes I wasn't so sure any more. In the end I ended up with two Red Velvets (one Christmas and one regular), a yellow, a cinnamon, a gingerbread, a chocolate lava and the free chocolate squared. 


I'm not sure if it's because we went so early or if the cupcakes are just that good, but let me tell you these cupcakes were to die for. While my usual favorite is Red Velvet I must say that my favorite from Georgetown was the cinnamon one. This cupcake literally tasted like a little cinnabon baked into a cupcake. The flavor was just so crazily good. But the best part was the moistness (yeah, I had to say that gross word) of the cupcake. For a cake, there was a melt in your mouth quality that made these cupcakes to die for. 


If you're in the Georgetown area check out Georgetown Cupcakes. Have any of you been there before? Leave me love in the comments and let me know what you thought of the famous bakery. 

Comments

Popular Posts