The Summer I Read Jenny Han-along

 



Today is the day when I announce the Read-A-Long that in fact no one has been asking for, but is in fact the re-read that I have been craving since I binged the crap out of this series last year. That's right folks- Summer 2021 is the Summer where I am re-reading The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy by Jenny Han.

For those who are unfamiliar with the series it follows teenager Belly through multiple summers. Belly lives for summer and she absolutely adores spending summer at her family friend's beach house at Cousins Beach. Through the years things change- as they do when one is growing up- and Belly develops feelings for the family friend's sons Conrad and Jeremiah. 

The Summer I Turned Pretty series brings all the feels with family drama, growing up drama, and a very nice little love triangle. I think I am such a fan of Jenny Han's writing because I adore how relatable the situations are that she puts her characters into while at the same time the situations are sort of over the top to the point where as a reader I'm questioning "Is this really happening?" "Would this really happen?" "What is going to happen next?"

This readathon is going to run for the duration of summer. We are going to read 1 book per month of summer...we're going to really savor Belly's childhood and the build up to her OTP. At the end of each month I am going to host a live show on my Youtube channel so we can chat about our thoughts about the book.

I fully expect for this read along to live and die with me-however this gives me an excuse to re-read these books for productive purposes so I am here for it!

Below you will see the reading and live show schedule for this read along. We will be reading book 1 The Summer I Turned Pretty in June and the live show will be on June 26th. We will be reading book 2 It's Not Summer Without You in July and the live show will be on July 24th and finally we will be reading We'll Always Have Summer in August and the live show will be August 28th. Live show times are yet to be determined- I'm thinking early afternoon. I will have more information about times when we get closer to the live show dates. 

If you have any questions let me know! I look forward to re-reading this old favorite with everyone this summer!







Comments

Popular Posts