One Year Mini Devotional


I got this book early last week and I immediately started doing what I'm probably not supposed to do with this book- I sat down and read it in about 3 sittings. Granted I plan on going back through and actually following this book as a devotional, but at the time I just couldn't put it down.

For those who are new to my blog know that this spirituality thing is very new for me. It is an aspect of life that I haven't spent much time exploring, but now that I have some spare time to form ideas and opinions myself I've taken a great liking to exploring this aspect of life. While I will never disclose my exact beliefs, I think that is a personal matter, I will share my reviews and findings of books on the subject.

I came across this book from Tyndale Rewards, which is this awesome program where you can earn rewards for free books (click here for info). I picked it up because, well I'm busy and I'm a woman so this seemed like a good fit. 

Once I started reading a few of the devotionals I found that I really loved the author's style of writing. I love the little personal anecdotes she includes about her children and her garden and different aspects of her life. Her voice makes the book very conversational and it's almost as if you are sitting in a coffee shop with Jennifer King discussing the various nuggets of inspiration she includes in her book. For someone who is new to this world this book is very accessible for me and the topics bring up very good points to think about. 

I highly recommend checking out this book if you're looking for a generous dose of inspiration.

Leave me love & thoughts in the comments about your favorite daily devotional books!

Comments

Popular Posts