An Adorable Book For Some Serious Baking

I have been interested in learning how to bake my own bread for quite some time. As health and nutrition have become more important to me the concept of making my own food has become a very prominent hobby for me. However two things always stood in my way: 1) my intimidation of making something as seemingly difficult as bread and 2) finding a good, healthy, doable recipe. 

These things stood in my way until I met this book.

Just this month Erin McKenna, founder of BabyCakes NYC, released her third cookbook. This one focuses on making that light, fluffy, carboy stuff we all know and love. 

The cookbook not only has easy, doable recipes for various types of bread including: a sandwich bread, pumpernickel bread, and even a yummy cinnamon-raisin bread, but also she has recipes for croissants, crackers, pizza dough, and even pretzels.

The book is laid out in an easy to follow manner. While there are plenty of recipes to choose from, you won't get overwhelmed by too many recipes. The pictures making your baking easy to follow and give you a good idea as to what the end product should look like. 

McKenna even included a little Q&A section to the beginning of the book. If you're baking something and it just isn't turning out right the answer to your problems is probably right there in the beginning.

My own complaint with the book is that because it is a Gluten-Free baking book all of the recipes use different ingredients that I don't normally carry in my home kitchen. If you've ever shopped the gluten free or organic section of your local market you'll know that many of these ingredients often carry a nice sized price tag. I wasn't quite able to dig in to every recipe right away like I hoped, but I'm slowly adding a few of these ingredients to my pantry every couple of weeks. I think this is just going to have to be one of those time when patience will have to rule over my impulsiveness.

Overall I really enjoyed reading this book. If you are looking for some delicious recipes make sure to pick up a copy.

I was given a copy of this book courtesy of Blogging for Books. Thanks for keeping my mind happy with the new book!


Has anyone else read this book? What's your favorite recipe from it?

If you haven't read this book, what's your favorite bread recipe? 

Share your thoughts and love in the comments! 

Comments

Popular Posts