Review: Kansas By The After Party


BY: Lauren Miller


If you haven't heard of The After Party by now I really have to wonder if you actually read this blog or not. I've been raving about these guys since I saw & interviewed them on Allstar Weekend's last tour on Valentines Day. 


Last week the guys released their new ep Kansas. After a few crazy days where the band experienced a little lineup change with losing Kenny and placing Brandon in the lead singer spot this release is certainly a high for the band. 


One thing that I always really love about TAP is that they're a mixture of my two favorite things- boy band and indie band. By this I mean their songs are very fun, catchy and all around pop-y, but they still feel like the small indie bands I like seeing live. 


Overall the ep is the perfect summer soundtrack. It starts the up beat, catchy song Waste the Day which is the perfect pick me up song that makes me think of long summer days spent laying in the sun or relaxing in bed with nothing important to do other than enjoying life and the company of others. This is also my favorite track on the ep.


The second track A Better Me is a great little break up ditty about moving on from a girl who doesn't want you for you. A perfect track for the end of summer break up with the summer fling. 


She pulls me in with her daisy duke smile. It's catchy lines like this that are sprinkled throughout the ep that are sure to make this one a staple for everyone's summer playlists.


Have you checked out Kansas by The After Party yet? Let me know what you think about the new ep.

Comments

Popular Posts