Taylor Swift Speak Now Tour- Every Girl's Dream

BY: Lauren Miller


On August 3rd I had the opportunity to go to Taylor Swift's latest tour the Speak Now tour. Now I'm not the biggest fan of Taylor Swift, but I respect her for what she does and the music that she creates that speaks to so many people. So when she decided to come to town I knew I needed to see her live. I wanted to see all the hype for myself- live and in person.

One word comes to mind when I think back to my show in August and that word is girly. The physical aspects of Taylor's show were just completely unbelieveable and so intricate. They all were straight out of a fairytale story book. With every set and costume change it was like Taylor was giving us the physical representation that she imagines when writing every song. There was confetti snow for Back to December,  there was a beautiful wedding scene for Speak Now, there was a rickedy shack for Mean, there was a magical looking tree for her acoustic set, and there was a floating balcony for Love Story. You can see from some of my pictures just how magical and beautiful the show was.

Now for the reason why people go to concerts- to hear music. Taylor exceeded my expectations in this aspect. I never really thought she was that good of a live singer. Sure she does a heck of a lot better than I would ever do, but she's still never struck me as the best singer ever. But she definitely proved me wrong. Her voice live was just the same as her voice on her albums.

There's only one thing I could think of that I would change about this tour. Everything was pretty much perfect, but I would have liked to have heard some of her older songs too. I know that this was the Speak Now tour and that she was touring to support new album, but it would have been cool to hear a few more of her first and second album songs. While she did play Our Song from the first and Love Story from her second as someone who had never seen her before I would have loved to have heard maybe a medley of a few old songs.

There's still a few dates left on the North American leg of Taylor's Speak Now tour. If it rolls into your town and you love fairy tale endings and pretty dresses definitely hit up this girl's tour and see why everyone falls musically in love with this girl.

Comments

Popular Posts