NKOTBSB Part 3



BY: Lauren Miller

Yeah, that's right I said part 3. I officially saw the New Kids on the Block & Backstreet Boys tour three times this summer. I went into the first show not knowing anything about the NKTOB (except that Donnie Wahlberg is a hottie) and let's be honest I was always much more of an N'SYNC fan. But I went into the first show because my girl Ashlyne Huff was opening for them. I ended up loving the show so much that I had to see it in DC and Hershey as well.

The Hershey show was one of those bitter sweet moments. It definitely felt like the ending of my summer I was so sad when the show started because I just did not want this pop music experience of a lifetime to be over.

I know you've all read my praise for the NKOTBSB tour twice before so we'll make the review part of this blog simple and say these boys are amazing life. Their show has an unmatched energy and they have a way with connecting and making the whole crowd fall in love with their respective bands all over again.

The two things you haven't read a review of are Midnight Red and Matthew Morrison- the new openers for the second half of the tour.

Midnight Red was up first and let me tell you these guys were cute. I actually saw one of the guys walking around outside before the show and I thought he was an out of place band boy from one of the shows I usually go to (actually I was hoping he was Donnie Wahlberg’s son or something). These boy seriously looked like Allstar Weekend or something and then they broke into choreographed boy band music. It was like heaven. But heaven only lasted for so long. The guys only got to play a 2 or 3 song set. And apparently they did a meet and greet, but I didn’t find out about it until after the fact or else I totally would have met these guys!
Next up was Matthew Morrison, you may know him as Mr.Schuester. I wasn’t sure what to expect from Matthew’s set. I don’t really watch Glee and honestly I didn’t even know he did music. His set was a little corny. It was a little too show tuney for me. I know that boy band music is essentially corny and lame in its own right, but this was just a little too much for me to handle. It’s not like Matthew was bad because he certainly had a voice, his set just wasn’t for me. Maybe for a Glee fan this set would have been awesome, but for me it fell a little flat.
Of course the main act New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys did not disappoint. I think in this case third time was definitely the charm. I had the perfect seat. It was right behind the VIP seats right near the end of the cat walk. The best part was when Donnie came out during tonight and danced and walked right in front of me and I got to hold his hand twice! The second best part was when the Backstreet Boys came out from the sides and Brian and Howie both walked right near where my seats were.
This was also the show where I finally got to see the end of the show. For the past two shows I would go out and see Ashlyne at her Meet and Greet, but at this show I finally got to hear and see Don’t Turn Out the Lights live and in person as well as the encore.
If my instinct is correct I believe these boys will be touring together sometime in the future (if you check the tweets between the New Kids and the Backstreet Boys it seems as though something is in the works). If so not only should you expect more pictures and videos from future shows, but you should also check out a show. You won’t be disappointed and your money will be well spent!

Comments

Popular Posts