This Song Will Be My Summer

I think we can all agree that The Summer Set is just one of those bands that has gotten better over time. By that I mean that this is a band that I am legit growing up with during my young adult years. 

Their first album, Love Like This, came out my freshman year of college. The album was fun, spunky party anthem laced and really captured the spirit of a kid going off into the "real world" as an adult for the first time. 

Their second album Everything's Fine showed a more grown up approach in their song writing. Where the first album was fun and party-like their sophomore album was filled with heart break and a little sadness.

So far I've heard "Fuck You Over," "Boomerang," "Maybe Tonight," and "Lightning in a Bottle" off their up coming album Legendary. This album is the perfect mix of their first two albums. There's one part funny, sassy energy from LLT and then there's one part a more mature take on youth a la EF from their second album. 

In less than a week we'll be able to jam to the whole album. For now here's the recently released lyric video for "Lightning In A Bottle." Let us know what you think about the song in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts