Kids in the Street Tour

BY: Lauren Miller

Earlier this month I had the awesome pleasure of seeing the All American Rejects and A Rocket to the Moon on their co-headling Kids in the Street Tour. The show I went to was in Baltimore, Maryland at one of my all time favorite venues Rams Head.

Let me first start this review with saying that more tours need to be set up like this one. And by this I mean co-headling with two acts...and that's it two acts. It's not that I don't love opening acts. I do love seeing new bands, but sometimes when there's four or five bands playing a show that can make for a long night. By the time you get to the performance of the headliner sometimes I'm too tired to even enjoy the performance OR the sets are so short that there's barely enough time for each band to play a decent amount of songs. But since this tour only have two bands playing there was ample time for both AAR and ARTTM to play songs.

Another plus was the fact that the bands had time to hang out afterwards. It was really cool to just chill and talk to the different band members in a nonstressful, chill way. Who knew the All American Rejects would be so nice and chill to talk to. Okay, I'm going to stop using the word chill now.

So other than hanging out and having two bands playing this tour was an overall awesome show. This was only my second time seeing A Rocket to the Moon and it certainly won't be my last. Their overall vibe is southern, rock and their stage presense and songs are just so quality.

The All American Rejects were also pretty awesome. I honestly had no idea what to expect from them. I feel like everyone in their early twenties grew up listening to their songs from "Gives You Hell" to "Swing Swing." Their songs legit were my middle school experience. Getting to see them some 10 years later was so bizarre and yet just so perfect. And again overall just a quality performance.

Hopefully both bands will be coming back to Baltimore soon so I can experience their music again.

Check out my photos from the show below and make sure to share this blog with your friends!

Comments

Popular Posts